Sunday 14 March 2010

HERE'S SIMON....

I've just caught up on the Coronation Street omnibus and it was nice to see some of scenes being filmed in Blackpool. Grandad George had brought Simon Barlow to Blackpool for the day and whilst he turned his back whilst chatting to his wife on North Pier, Simon decided to leg it. He must have just seen that the Grumbleweeds and Jedward were headlining the summer season show at the North Pier theatre. It's enough to make anyone run to the hills...

And then I remembered a previous blog where I mused over Simon's ability to scare the bejeepers out of me. I'm still not convinced he was innocent in the death of Liane the pet rabbit. Perhaps he casually read my blog whilst he had some spare time once he'd learnt his lines at Granada Studios? And now he's loose in the Blackpool area. Even Ken and Deirdre looked worried when they couldn't find him and not because he's a six year old alone in a strange town. I think they know just what he's capable of.

My doors have been locked and bolted tonight. I'm sleeping with a baseball bat under my pillow. The batteries have been changed in my smoke alarms. The police are doing hourly checks down my road. I won't rest until he's back safe in Wetherfield. Hang on, I think I can smell petrol.....

No comments:

Post a Comment