Thursday 21 January 2010

CARRY ON NURSE

Finally and after many, many months of job applications, interviews and waiting for security clearance, the NHS has finally produced a start date for my new job after qualifying as a Mental Health Nurse. From the 1st February, I will be back on a 37.5 hour week and paying taxes again through having a full salary once more - yippee!

This will be my first posting since starting my 'journey' through nursing training later in life following redundancy. My previous life of working within the IT industry for twenty years seems a million miles away now. One minute Voice Over Internet Protocol at British Telecom, the next knowing the various drugs used to treat schizophrenia. Not an obvious link there I know. I'd always found the various facets of mental illness really interesting, particularly within a forensic setting. So when the opportunity came up for a complete change of career and being always up for a bit of a challenge, I thought why not?


Three years of training and many nights of study later and I'll be starting a new job in a couple of weeks time. Being back on a salary also helps - goodbye Aldi, hello Marks and Spencer's food hall...

No comments:

Post a Comment