Thursday 6 January 2011

MEAT IS MURDER....


Something strange happened tonight at Fishfingerbutty Towers. With time on my hands and with a whimsical devil-may-care attitude, I got the urge to cook a vegetarian meal. I'm no Linda McCartney believe me. There is nothing I like more than roast beef, a good fillet steak, a bacon and HP sauce sandwich or at a push, a sausage sandwich (with HP). Tonight however, I went all Surrey/Stepford housewife and chucked together roasted vegetables consisting of butternut squash, red and yellow peppers, red onions, cloves of garlic, courgettes and cherry tomatoes lightly sprinkled with chili olive oil, black pepper and rock salt. Some cous-cous mixed with a hint of garlic and fluffed with touch of butter and finished off with cubed Greek feta cheese completed the ensemble. I had rather low expectations as I don't normally go for vegetarian food, but it was actually really rather good. I feel quite smug that I have eaten a healthy evening meal and will go off now and celebrate with a slim slice of Swiss roll and a sniff at the pork pies in my fridge...   

No comments:

Post a Comment