Tuesday 25 May 2010

RIP

It's with a tinge of sadness that I write my blog this evening. One of my oldest friends from our early schooldays together has just lost her mum suddenly. I'm sad for many reasons. Sad for my friend who has just lost her best friend in sudden circumstances. Sad for her family who will no doubt be devastated at her passing. Sad for her husband who has endured the most debilitating of health problems and a more gentler, kinder gentleman would be hard to find. I'm also sad for the passing of a lady who was just that... a lady. A woman I had known for well over 30 years who was kind, quietly spoken, thoroughly decent and who led by example and saw her children grow up to be excellent wives, husbands and parents. 
My closest friends from school and through adulthood are at that age when our parents are not always in the best of health and are nearing the end of their lives. It does not mean that their passing is any less sad nor expected. Tonight I shall be thinking of Mrs. L, my old pal and all the family and shall raise a glass in her memory.   

No comments:

Post a Comment