Saturday 18 December 2010

THE ICE QUEEN MELTETH....


Outside there's a blanket of snow. Temperatures have plummeted again and it finally fells christmassy at Fishfingerbutty Towers especially now the tree festooned by lights has finally made its yearly appearance. I feel (nicely) trapped indoors with only a roaring fire, a fully stocked fridge and a zillion tracks on my iPod for company this morning. I've exhausted all christmas opportunities by watching Jimmy Stewart in 'It's a Wonderful Life' and eating 14 Quality Street strawberry creams and a tangerine for breakfast. I'm a little restless, I've got a few butterflies in my belly and my mind is wandering whilst I find myself smiling wistfully. Call me sentimental (no-one normally accuses me of that), but Corinne Bailey Rae and her beautifully moving version of 'Like a Star' sums up my mood. Oh my goodness, what is going on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment