Sunday 21 February 2010

I TOLD YOU I WAS ILL...

During the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray the medic at the centre of the death of Michael Jackson, it's emerged this week of the last words uttered by Wacko Jacko prior to his death. Without a hint of irony, the immortal words were 'I feel completely comfortable with him, I trust this guy with my life'. Sham-ooh

Here comes some more famous last words from the erm.. dead and famous...

Codeine...bourbon (Tallulah Bankhead d. 1968)
I should never have switched from scotch to martinis (Humphrey Bogart d.1957)
Oh, I'm not going to die am I? We've been so happy (Charlotte Bronte, said to her husband of 9 months. d. 1855)
Et tu Brute? (Gaius Julius Caesar. d 44BC)
I am bored with it all (Winston Churchill d 1965)
That was the best ice cream soda I ever tasted (Lou Costello d.1959)
Dammit... Don't you dare ask God to help me (Joan Crawford d. 1977)
That was a great game of golf fellas (Bing Crosby d. 1977)
My God, what's happened? (Diana, Princess of Wales d. 1997)
KHAQQ calling Itasca. We must be on you, but cannot see you. Gas is running low. (Amelia Earhart d. 1937)
All my possessions for a moment of time (Elizabeth I d.1603)
I've never felt better (Douglas Fairbanks d. 1939)
Let's cool it brothers (Malcolm X d. 1966)
Go on, get out - last words are for fools who haven't said enough (Karl Marx)
Get my swan costume ready (Anna Pavlova d.1931)
They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist... (General Sedgwick d. 1864)
I've had 18 straight whiskies, I think that's a record (Dylan Thomas d. 1953)
Either that wallpaper goes, or I do (Oscar Wilde d. 1900)
Curtain! Fast music! Ready for the last finale! Great! The show looks good, the show looks good! (Florenz Zeigfeld, showman d. 1932)

And some last words from criminals prior to execution...

How about this for a headline in tomorrow's paper? French Fries (James French, executed in electric chair d. 1966)

I did not get my spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this. (Thomas Grasso, killed by injection d. 1995)

Such is life (Ned Kelly, executed by hanging d. 1880)

Let's do it! (Gary Gilmore, executed by firing squad. d 1977)


No comments:

Post a Comment