Sunday 14 November 2010

NOT A GILLETTE ADVERT....



Just for Mr Gorilla Bananas.. Here's Mungo Jerry and 'In the Summertime'. Great memories on the early 70's (when we last had hot and sunny summers in Britain) and simple little catchy songs. Check out the sideburns and bodily hair on show. The band look like extras from Monty Python's Life of Brian. 
Of course we'll try and reproduce this song during our next jazz gig at D & J's. I'll take the 'blowing into the gallon wine brewing bottle' role. It looks like one of easier musical instruments to master...



2 comments:

  1. Great stuff, FFB! Men that hairy are honorary gorillas by default. Terrific song with first-class reproductive grunts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved that song! I'm not much on keeping up who sings what so I've never seen the singer. He has quite a set of mutton chops!!

    I wonder if their group sang any other songs that were popular?

    ReplyDelete