Tuesday 15 February 2011

GREATEST ROMANTIC SONGS? HERE COME THE BOYS....


The greatest romantic songs from the boys in the band? Ok, I've missed most of the obvious choices usually seen on the million compilation cd's released 3 weeks before Valentine's Day. Some had to be included of course because they're so damn good....


Frank Sinatra - Fly Me To The Moon 
Still the best. 


Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are 
For men who struggle to say the right words, use this as a good example of getting the message across...


Andy Williams - Can't Take My Eyes Off You 
Cheesy classic but it never fails to make me smile every time I hear it. 


Harold Melvin (and the Bluenotes) - If You Don't Know Me By Now
Thought I'd better mention the original soulful version rather than my favoured Simply Red rendition. It's the ultimate 'erection section' track from the ten-to-two last dance nightclub days...


Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life  
You are the apple of my eye, forever you'll stay in my heart. Ooh heaven


Chris Gaines / Garth Brooks - Lost In You 
A friend introduced me to this track. I loved it the first time I heard it. 


Jamie Cullum - But For Now 
Drove me to tears when I heard him perform this live


James Morrison - You Give Me Something 
What a voice and great feel-good track. 


Nat King Cole - Unforgettable / L-O-V-E
Couldn't pick between the two so selected both. Velvet voice and simplicity.


Paolo Nutini - Last Request
Proof that 19 year old's can write and perform heart-wrenching songs. Catch his You Tube video (performed on Jools Holland) for further evidence and you can just hear the Scottish accent coming through.  



No comments:

Post a Comment