Wednesday 23 February 2011

BRIT AWARDS CLASS....


I've just bought the Brit Awards 2011 CD in the grim hope that there may be something new and innovative on there from this year's crop of talent. I'd caught glimpses of the Brits when it was aired last week and I'm afraid I switched over in exasperation when Justin Bieber won the International Breakthrough Act. 'International Shortarse over-hyped schoolboy with a crap hairdo' award I could understand, but International Breakthrough Act????
Anyway, back to the CD and skipping through tracks by Tinie Tempah - apologies to his many legions of fans out there, but he's not my cup of tea. And then I came across Rumer and the sublime track 'Slow'. Listen and you're transported back to the heyday of Karen Carpenter or at a stretch, KD Lang or Dusty Springfield. This song is so breathtakingly superb it's worth a big mention. I shall be looking out for more from Rumer as this girl is really, really good. And she's a Brit! 

Here's the full list of winners from this year's Brit Awards... 

British Male Solo Artist Plan B

British Female Solo Artist Laura Marling
British Breakthrough Act Tinie Tempah
British Group Take That
British Single Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
MasterCard British Album of the Year Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
International Male Solo Artist Cee Lo Green
International Female Solo Artist Rihanna
International Breakthrough Act Justin Bieber
International Group Arcade Fire
International Album Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Critics' Choice Jessie J 

2 comments:

  1. Woah - what a cracking song that is - and reminds me so much of Sade - who I was lucky enough to see live. Nice :)


    Dave P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classy song indeed Dave. Whatever happened to Sade? Smooth Operator was the backing track to many, many trips to 80's wine bars...
    FFB

    ReplyDelete