Saturday 3 April 2010

EGG CELLENT EASTER

I love Easter. Not for any religious significance, it's just that I get a few days off work, the days are getting lighter and the best bit of all... the Easter eggs. 


Cadburys does it for me every time. Flake or Creme Egg. At a push, it would be Buttons or Green and Black's Organic Milk Chocolate. That's it. That's the exhaustive list of Easter Eggs tolerated at Fishfingerbutty Towers. 


The other great thing about Easter is the chance to get together with your family and to have some days out. My brother and sister-in-law are hosting a Sunday dinner tomorrow which will be fab as my sister-in-law is a great cook and they are both very funny and generous hosts. D is one of those people who cooks large meals for numerous people effortlessly. There's no screaming, shattering of plates or smoke -alarm stress-heads. Everything's calm, food is cooked to perfection and served not only beautifully but piping hot. I'm always amazed how she does it. I work in chaos and use 53 pans and every item of cutlery when I cook for two. 


As a family, we were brought up to eat together at the table and it's a big occasion for us all to sit down together. An ex of mine was invited to dinner at my parents years ago and couldn't come to terms with how everyone talked at the same time, laughed and joked incessantly yet had the ability to home in to everyone else's conversation. 


I'm off to Chester on Monday. There's a food festival on at Chester's racecourse or we may just have an amble around the shops and down to the river. Chester holds some great memories from the last time I went there on a spa weekend with my nursing buddies. Absolutely love the place and can't wait to go back. 


Anyway.... back to my Easter egg which is being very strictly eaten in stages. Half now, half later during Match of the Day... United did lose after all...






    

No comments:

Post a Comment