Friday 18 December 2009

IL BELLO GIOCO - AC MILAN V UTD

This morning watched with baited breath the last 16 of the Champions League draw televised live on sky sports. The English clubs were well represented again but with the exception of the mighty Liverpool. I'm not a great Liverpool fan (Man Utd fans don't have the best rapport with our NW neighbours), but it's still good to see a team with Liverpool's European reputation and classy players such as Torres and Gerrard playing at the highest level. So to the draw; Barca got the golden ticket at Stuttgart, Lyon host Real Madrid and Porto play Arsenal. The two mouth-watering draws are Mourinho's Inter Milan returning to Chelsea and AC Milan v Manchester United....David Beckham's return to the Theatre of Dreams. I'm sure the fans will give him a tremendous ovation when Beckham returns. He was after all, a fantastic player at Utd and is a red through and through. The game will of course pitch together two of the greatest teams in Europe mixing skill, passion, flair and doggedness. It will also see the visit of one of the greatest examples of male totty - the babe that is the AC Milan coach - Leonardo. I make no apologies for my female perspective on my 40 year obsession with the beautiful game which lapses at times into 'wow, he looks good in a pair of shorts'. Yes, I can explain the 4-4-2 formation and the offside rule, but I also recognise sex on legs when see it. Leo, Utd will beat your team I'm afraid, but you will always be my number 1. Closely followed by Mourinho, Ginola, Best.....


No comments:

Post a Comment